Sunday, August 22, 2010

James

James is two.  It's funny, I always wanted a baby but I never, ever wanted one of those screaming, jammy little boys you see being dragged through Costco.  It turns out, I love that screaming, jammy little boy more than life itself.  James loves airplanes and anything that's blue.  If it's a blue airplane, he's in heaven.  Named after his airplane-loving grandfather, James does his “Papa” proud. He knows the names of at least a dozen airplanes and if he tells you that the one overhead is a Concorde he will stand his ground until you cave. He loves being outside and has spent the summer grazing in the garden. Peas, tomatoes, blueberries and the green tops of onions have been his dietary staples and I don't know what he'll do when the snow comes! He has the most gorgeous little blonde ringlets, cut for the first time this summer by his Great-Grandmother. He looks like a little angel, but he is a whirlwind and all boy.




 I always imagined I would have a little boy, but I had no idea the joy watching him grow from a snuggly baby into this loud and fun-loving little man would bring me. He melts my heart every day with his hugs and kisses, and makes me laugh more than I ever have by all the funny things he says and does.

No comments:

Post a Comment